Honestly I got these tips while I was reading a magazine, and though what the heck! Why not share the love! I mean we need all the advise, help or reminders about being a better person we can get in this lifetime. I am just doing my part in sharing.
Little things that count!
(Each of these will make you a better man)
1. Paying Attention – Real attention—to a small child. People remember that adults who did that when they were kids. They also happen to be the children’s role models.
2. A Breath Mint!
3. A lunch box. When you save money and bring your own lunch instead of buying from the fastfood chains, you’ll probably be able to squirrel enough to buy that TV you really wanted.
4. a 50-minute CPR class
5. Gratitude – It takes 15 seconds to thank someone for their time or gift. It takes 15 years for them to forgive you when you don’t
6. A lunchtime reservation – one that doesn’t involve a drive-thru. All those lunchboxes earn you a fine meal in a fancy restaurant every couple of weeks. Life ain’t a prison
7. Checking your spelling. Because the difference between public relations and pubic relation may be your job
8. The last drink. If you’re drunk enough to absolutely need it, you absolutely don’t.
9. Getting off you ass. Time was, you stood up when being introduced to someone new. You Meet eye-to-eye and shake, which is a small way of saying “I’m not above or below you.”
10. Getting off your Ass, Period. Even 10 minutes of activity a day can drop your blood pressure, boost your mood, and prevent you from forming a covalent bond with your couch.
11. A single detail. About someone else. Could be a wife’s name, or a kid’s sport, or a gum disease their doggie had. Wield details wisely and you’ll be a charm machine. Flub them and you’ll make people feel like they’re inter changeable cogs in a cosmic mishmash.
12. A single date. Plant a post-it, set an outlook alert, or write it your hand in a permanent marker. A pentel fades his/her memory doesn’t.
13. Honesty. There’s no such thing as a little lie. She’ll blow your cover and blow it up eventually. Man up and grow a pair.
14. Smiling and Saying THANK YOU to parking attendants, toll booth operators, waiters and security guards. Yes! Their jobs can be boring, but a single gesture can brighten up their day.