Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Lesson on Taking Risk


Location: MOALBOAL BEACH, CEBU CITY


A 5 year old girl and her father went into to the Beach for the weekend, while they were at the beach. Her father asked her to see what the temperature of the water was like… The little girl was glad to help, went to the water’s edge and dipped in a toe.



“I put my feet in and it was cold” she told him




Her Father picked her up and carried her down to the water again, and without any warning, threw her in. She was shocked at first, but then laughed out loud at the trick he played.



“How’s the water?” asked the father

“It’s Lovely,” she replied

“Right, from now on, whenever you want to find out about something, plunge straight in.”




Blogger's Foot Note:


While I was reading this the book slowly in order for me to digest and absorb the wisdom of it’s content. I was stuck at this story. Then suddenly I had flash backs of my past, the things that I always wanted to do with my life but is too scared or carefree.
I know now that the key to success, wisdom and great fortune lies in risking.



Source: Paulo Coelho’s “BRIDA”
Website:
http://www.paulocoelho.com
warrior of the light
http://paulocoelhoblog.com/


Favorite Books:
- The winner Stands alone

- The Alchemist
- Brida
- The Pilgrimage

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! wisdom does come with experience...gotta keep remember that in my relationship now.

Dhon said...

Yes! Wisdom has a lot of sources.. all you need to do is open your eyes!

Aris said...

i love it. it reminds us not to be scared in the face of uncertainties. :)

Dhon said...

> i am glad that you liked it Aris!

Dhianz said...

thanks for sharing that. actually meeh sometimes i'm scared to go out there. i always stay in my comfortable zone... but yeah i'll try... sometimes i'll try to take some risk. take care. Godbless! -di

Dhon said...

i am glad you feel that way! go for gold..

Yona said...

“Right, from now on, whenever you want to find out about something, plunge straight in.” --> Scary!!! This one's not for me. But para kaayo sa imo! :)

Dhon said...

@Yona -- :) there are somethings worth the risk.. right?

Anne said...

Life is indeed about risks and it requires us all to jump. This post really got me thinking. Ive made endless and pointless decisions about the uncertain future but then again, it's not bad to believe in yet another of paulo Coelho's line: "when you truly desire for something, the whole world is gonna conspire for you to achieve it!"

Dhon said...

@Anne -- i agree!!!
The whole world will conspire...

LinkWithin


Share/Bookmark Related Posts with Thumbnails